6 Sigma Product Improvement Specialist - Off Highway Machinery
Peterlee - Initial 18 Month Contract
Circa £24.50 per hour PAYE / Circa £32.20 per hour via an umbrella company
We’re looking for a 6 Sigma Product Improvement specialist ideally with Electrical/Cab Space background, to run projects focused on improving quality for a globally renowned articulated truck manufacturer in Peterlee. This is an initial 18 month contract with PAYE or umbrella rates available. Currently the team are mostly working from home and are on site as/when needed to review parts. Hybrid working may change going forwards. As a global manufacturer there are many Covid safety measures in place on site.
What will the 6 Sigma Product Improvement Specialist do?
- Lead resolution of product and/or process problem projects (8 to 10 projects a year)
- Manage the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree to which the project goals, objectives and metrics are met.
- Identify integration issues with other projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Train project team members & deliver green belt training.
- Ensure projects are integrated with other business activities, improvement project and business strategy.
- Ensure multi-channel communication throughout the organisation.
- Capture project case histories that can be re-used for other projects.
- Provide stakeholder and management team project updates.
- Travel: Minimal, within the UK– up to 10% of time (approx.)
What skills and experience will 6 Sigma Product Improvement Specialist need?
- Engineering background key. Demonstrable Electrical/Mechanical experience is necessary to help guide the team effectively. You will be working on Electrical/Cab Space.
- Formal Black Belt certification or appropriate Black Belt project related experience
- Project management skills & complete tasks within set timeframes
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills to identify solutions
- Demonstrated focus on quality and customer needs
- Ability to learn and complete statistical analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills set
- Passed internal Black Belt Assessment Centre and part of Black Belt Pool – desirable
- In depth product/process knowledge, flexible attitude & teamwork ability – desirable
- Experience of running green belt projects or being involved in these would be advantageous
- Experience of running or being involved in RIW’s – desirable
- NEBOSH / IOSH or have demonstrated improvements towards safety – desirable
- Leadership experience – desirable
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.