Aftertreatment Design Engineer - Peterborough
Umbrella Company / PAYE Contract Basis
Our client has just made available an excellent contract opportunity for a design engineer, to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation. You will be working to deliver world-class levels of quality and reliability.
You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver a new project that is critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company. Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design/development process for engine components and systems.
What would you do?
- Have knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Design and packaging of after treatment related components
- Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
- Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
- Support field and production issue, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, you would have a good mix and design and development experience
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Design experience of mechanical components and systems 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO)
- Good understanding of engine / mechanical component design
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
- Knowledge of engine systems in particular of Exhaust Aftertreatment & Diesel Emission Fluid (DEF) Systems
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Design experience gained in the off-highway sector
- Knowledge and usage of Team Centre – data management software
- New design development following the APQP methodology.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.