Site Buyer – Stafford
Initial 6 month contract
Umbrella Hourly Rates; £32 PAYE Hourly Rates £24.50 (equivalent to circa £47K)
Do you have previous experience as a Buyer within a manufacturing environment? Are you an excellent communicator with good organisational and negotiating skills? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, and you relish the challenge of working on multiple tasks at the same time, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Site Buyer to join our globally renowned client’s purchasing team working on NPI and the existing range. This is an initial 6 month contract (with potential to extend) working from home initially, and then based on site in Stafford when circumstances allow. You will have a track record of successfully buying from and challenging costs with suppliers, ideally within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
What would you do?
- Support purchasing activity
- Implement local sourcing strategy
- Manage policies, agreements, special purchasing programs - including NPI
- Liaise with Buyers with the company’s overseas sites
- Negotiate for cost reductions and project support for cost down activities
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and NPI activities.
- Interact with engineering, supply chain and quality teams.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in managing a supplier base.
- Ability to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Effective communicator in written and oral form
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.