Structural Simulation Engineer
Contract/Temp role £35ph (umbrella)
Are you an experienced structural simulation engineer looking for your next contract opportunity? Do you want to bring your expertise to one of the planet’s biggest names in Engineering and innovation?
An opportunity has arisen for a Structural Simulation Engineer to join our clients Computer Aided Engineering team, responsible for supporting the design and development of diesel engines.
Working within a global team of experts, you would apply your knowledge and experience of CAE to a variety of engaging projects, that will support our client’s development of future as well as existing products.
What would you do?
- The majority of time will be spent building linear and non-linear finite element models for solution on a powerful HPC platform.
- You would carry out structural simulation of complex systems; including static, dynamic, thermal and fatigue analysis.
- The role will require close collaboration with design and development engineers, to understand the purpose and scope of the analysis.
- You would prepare detailed and clear reports in to inform the relevant stakeholders.
What are we looking for?
- As well as sound engineering fundamentals you would have experience of internal combustion engines, rotating or other relevant machinery
- In-depth experience of simulating complex structural systems
- Exposure to some, or all, of the following analysis tools would be useful;
- Finite element pre and post processors, such as NX or Hypermesh
- Finite element analysis solvers, such as Abaqus or Ansys
- Fatigue analysis tools, such as nCode or FEMFAT
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply now with your CV; suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.
The rate quoted on this advert is an hourly rate payable to an umbrella company; a PAYE rate can be quoted and a Key Information Document will be supplied. Applications can only be considered from workers with the existing right to work in the UK.