Category Buyer – Peterlee
Initial 12 month contract (rolling)
Up to £26 per hour depending on experience (Limited/Umbrella)
Have you worked in Purchasing? Do you have experience of buying cabs, non-metallics and electrical parts from suppliers? Do you have excellent communication and organisational skills? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, and you relish the challenge of working on multiple tasks at the same time, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Category Buyer to join our globally renowned client’s team working on the cabs, non-metallics and electrical parts portfolio. This is an initial 12 month contract based on site in Peterlee, the contract is likely to be ongoing. You will have a track record of developing and sustaining long term strategic supplier relationships.
What would you do?
- Support the purchase of cabs, non-metallics and electrical parts from suppliers.
- Identify and create strategic supplier relationships.
- Manage and monitor suppliers on their Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development and Service.
- Interact with engineering, supply chain and quality teams.
- Some travel required, approx. 20 – 25% of time to European suppliers mostly, and some Chinese suppliers when needed.
What are we looking for?
- 3 - 5 years of Job-related experience.
- Fabrications purchasing experience within a Manufacturing environment.
- Self-sufficiency, with the ability to work independently and without micro-management.
- The ability to build, develop and sustain business relationships with suppliers.
- Excellent communication, organisation and purchasing skills.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced busy office environment.
- The ability to follow many different open topics at the same time and be able to complete and follow up on all open topics in an efficient way.
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.