CNC Operator and Programmer – Peterborough
Initial 12 month opportunity – PAYE rates up to £19.63 p/h and up to £25.50 umbrella rates p/h
Are you looking to take a lead role within at an established, global Manufacturer?
Have you experience programming languages and operating CNC machines?
If yes, this could be the role for you...
We’re looking for an experienced Operator and programmer of CNC machinery to join an established Global Engine Development Engineering Company, who have a heritage of engineering excellence and have manufactured over 21 million engines!
What would you do as CNC Operator and Programmer?
- Attend meetings to help plan operations
- You will be working within the Research & Development Department to carry out, a variety of machining / fabrication work to support new engine program’s to very tight deadlines.
- This will involve reading and interpreting engineering drawings and engineers instructions
- Using a variety of CNC machinery (HAAS/ MAZAK) to produce predominantly one off parts.
What are we looking for from a CNC Operator and Programmer?
- Previous experience at work coordinating or leadership Experience
- Previous experience operating conventional Lathes, Milling machines, Grinding, Boring machines and or CNC programming / operating
- Previous experience in using measuring equipment, including vernier callipers depth and thread gauges to name a few
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts.
- Previous experience programming and operating 3D printers would be advantageous, but training will be provided – DESIRABLE
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.