Apprentice - Mechanical Test Technician - Global Engine Test Facility
Initial 12-month contract - Extensions very likely
We’re looking for a mechanical trained apprentice to join a multi-million Global Engine Test facility in Peterborough as a Mechanical Test Technician.
As Mechanical Technician you will conduct technical investigations of current and future products, working with engine components or systems to validate for performance and durability. Investigations and tests are varied in nature and may be in a laboratory, manufacturing facility or on machine.
The component test team gives the flexibility for employees to work in a number of interesting and stimulating fields of experimental and development testing, matching core skills and interests as appropriate.
Daily tasks will include;
- Instrumentation of equipment or components with a variety of transducers and sensors to capture data. This can range from strain gauges, accelerometers, and displacement to flow pressure and temperature
- Operate test equipment and conduct investigation as directed by engineers to obtain, analyse, and summarise data.
- Records evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Technicians will be expected to have direct contact with components working in the lab and with test rigs; observing, operating, and testing the product or component, together with recording of various test data measurement points
Ideally qualifications and experience will include;
- A practical mechanical engineering background, ideally apprentice trained, is preferred.
- It is not mandatory for experience in component testing or the specifics of data capture, a good aptitude to demonstrate competence will be considered
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.