Cost Reduction Engineer
Stafford - Initial 12 Month Contract
Up to £39.00 per hour (depending on experience) via an umbrella company contract basis, PAYE is also available.
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and support of a world class range of engines. They are looking for a Cost Reduction Engineer to join their team based in Stafford on an initial 12 month contract, which has the potential to keep rolling for as long as the business need is there.
What will the Cost Reduction Engineer do?
- Be responsible for Cost Reduction projects, leading and implementing cost reduction objectives
- Identify opportunities, generate business cases, and lead cost reduction projects across design, supplier resourcing, process changes and any other changes which impact on cost
- Work closely with engineering, purchasing and supply chain teams
- Liaise and work with external suppliers
What skills and experience will the Cost Reduction Engineer have?
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and leading cost reduction projects within an engineering, automotive or manufacturing environment
- Strong business/commercial and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to work and build relationships both internally & externally
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills
- Experience of engine manufacturing or automotive - desirable
- 6 Sigma experience – desirable
- Microsoft Project and Teamcenter experience – desirable
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates