Permanent OR Contract
to £45,000 / £300pd
Our longstanding client has over the last 40 years gained a reputation for engineering excellence; they have a very well established internal IT function that supports their own business activities as well as providing solutions for their customers. They are now looking for a Database Administrator to join their informal yet professional team. They believe that having the right working environment is important to getting the job done and we’re confident that it’s a great place to work. Flexible working arrangements will be offered.
The client would like to consider employing someone on a perm basis initially, however if you prefer to work on a contract basis, then please still get in touch. The role would be inside IR35.
There’s a full job spec available, as you’d expect, but in a nutshell this is what we’re looking for:
- Database (MS SQL Server) infrastructure administration and development skills
- MS Dynamics Experience
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) skills
- As you would expect, some exposure to Azure would be preferable
- Some experience of front-end reporting – Power BI would be very nice to have
What will you do?
- Lead the data team and manage the support and development of BI reporting services
- Administer and develop database infrastructure.
- Maintain and enhance data warehouse and reporting cubes. Implement BI reporting solutions using various technologies, including Microsoft PowerBI and SQL Server Reporting Services Provide support for the existing BI reporting suite.
- Manage task allocation and train users
- ensure good Data Management practices
- Manage legacy data migration through a formal ETL process
- Contribute to project and deployment plans as appropriate.
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role – then please call Alice on our office number or submit your CV and we will be in contact if you are shortlisted.
Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.