Design and Development Engineer - initial 12 month contract - umbrella rates up to £29.50
PAYE illustrations also available.
We’re working with a global manufacturer of off-highway machinery on a long term contract for an Engine Systems Design and Development Engineer.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will lead the resolution of critical customer issues and new designs as part of continuous improvement on their engine installation on small construction equipment.
Core responsibilities include;
- Lead investigations into production and/or field issues to determine root causes and develop engineering solutions to resolve issues.
- Review warranty and failure data to identify emerging issues in field populations
- Determine possible root causes of issues and support with warranty information and engineering knowledge.
- Develop engineering solutions which will include design changes, manufacturing support and/or field support.
- Plan and support the execution of validation of designs both in controlled settings and possibly with customer applications.
- Prepare and present design reviews of proposed solutions
- Management of engineering changes through life cycle management.
The ability to work in a hands-on environment for issue resolution and design development is strongly desired.
Additionally, you will have a background in;
- Creativity in generation of solutions
- Understanding of design for manufacturing / design for assembly philosophies
- Working knowledge of solid modelling (ideally CREO and Teamcenter)
- General understanding of engines and engine installation, ideally in construction equipment.
- Engineering Degree Qualification or HND with experience
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates