Are you an experienced design engineer looking for a new contract opportunity? Are you looking for a role where you can make your mark with some concept design work? Our client is looking for an experience design engineer to undertake some component design work on one of their range of large diesel engines.
Due to increased workload, an initial 12 month assignment is available (umbrella/PAYE), with this world class engineering and manufacturing company; a genuinely recognisable global brand.
The role will be home based initially, but applicants should consider that visits to site/more office based work will be required eventually.
What would you do?
- Act as the lead designer for the projects
- Undertake design concept work
- Collaborate with other teams including suppliers
- Manage the engineering process for that component to bring it into production
- Support with production issues
- Leads the design, analysis, and simulation elements.
- Conducts technical evaluations of major systems on competitive products.
- Supports product testing
- Some travel to foreign and domestic plants, dealerships, and customer job sites may be required
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, diesel engine IC Engine systems knowledge
- High degree of proficiency in 3D design and 2D detailing
- CREO and Teamcentre experience
- The ability to lead DFMEA
- APQP capabilities
- Ideally a high level engineering qualification
If you’re interested, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV that clearly shows your relevant experience; suitably qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.
This advert is a summary of the role, a full spec will be supplied. The role is being made on an interim basis, and the rate advertised is based on an hourly rate payable to an umbrella company. PAYE is available. A Key Information Document will be supplied. Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK.