Engine Performance & Emissions Development Engineer - Stafford - Initial 12 month contract – up to £32 per hour (umbrella rate)
The successful applicant will be responsible for planning and delivering engineering activity as part of the 4000 Series diesel product development activity and the newly launched 5000 series.. This role involves, engine performance calibration, analysing data and trends, root cause corrective action and validation of corrective actions.
Engine Performance & Emissions Calibration Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Diesel Engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Mechanical verification and validation of engine components and systems
- Defining and managing component validation plans
- Coordination of day-to-day engineering activity and management of test and analysis activity
- Failure analysis and defect resolution using industry-standard methods
- Technical reporting
- Conducting all work to operating procedures and local work methods in order to meet compliance with quality standards
- Support to the design function is required through FMEA attendance
- The role will require collaboration with all platform teams based at the Stafford facility
- Working closely with global facilities
Engine Performance & Emissions Calibration Engineer - Skills and Experience required
- Engineering Degree or other equivalent qualification/experience
- Experienced in engine Performance and Emissions calibration
- Knowledge of emissions measurement techniques, worldwide emission regulations and emissions measurement hardware
- Knowledge of turbocharger matching, fuel system optimisation and control system development
- PC literacy, excellent use of all MS Office components
- High standard of written technical reporting
- Diesel engine component validation experience
- Working knowledge of industrial diesel engine systems such as cooling, lubrication, air etc…
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.