Diesel Engine Test Technician - Peterborough - initial 12 month contract - £15.65 per hour (on a limited or umbrella company contract basis).
Key Responsibilities of the Diesel Engine Test Technician
· Carry out research & development work on either current or new engines. The ability to work to engineer’s instructions, carry out a range of test work, including fitting prototype parts to an engine and/or record and produce quality data is fundamental
· Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, such as stripping & rebuilding along with an understanding of common rail fuel systems
· Good PC skills
· Engine test rig experience and/or technical/mechanical experience would provide a distinct advantage. Additional specific training will be given where required
· Must be self-motivated with good team working skills. Initiative and a positive attitude to change are also essential
Qualifications and Competencies required of the Diesel Engine Test Technician
· City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, Apprenticeship served in Motor Mechanics or equivalent qualifications
· Communication, Team success, Initiating action, Customer focus, Work standards, Quality orientation
For further information please contact Francesca on 01275 867408
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required.
Suitable candidates will be contacted.