Electrical Design and Development Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
Do you have a robust understanding of wire harness manufacturing processes? Have you assisted with the implementation of project plans involving wiring activities and electrical solutions? Are you looking to join a growing FMCG/ industrial products Research Department?
We’re currently working with an iconic British FMCG brand on an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to lead and participate in the design and development of all technical aspects relating to electrical wiring & harness design.
More about our client;
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What would you do?
- Lead development activities and team resources to meet project programs and deadlines
- You will manage development activities and team resource to align with project programs and deadlines & drive continuous improvement for best practice design, guidelines & rules.
- Provide technical guidance & support to the team.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure an optimised solution is engineered and support continuous improvement.
- Represent your team at meetings
- Review documentation detailing system requirements, compliance, performance & validation in accordance with product specifications.
What are we looking for?
- Significant knowledge (HND/degree or other appropriate qualification essential) in electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Demonstrable experience of technical leadership
- Significant experience in CAD for schematic capture and 3D routing, preferably solidworks electrical, Eplan or other appropriate package
- Commercial experience - such as negotiation techniques, supply chain management, customer relationship development, etc.
- Knowledge of standard production and manufacturing techniques
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.