Electrical / CAD Design Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
£35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
We are looking for an Electrical / CAD Design Engineer to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence, from their site in Chard, this role is based on site. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility!
As an Electrical / CAD Design Engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, prototyping and testing of electrical systems. Including 3D wiring harness routing, 2D harness drawings and schematics, using the latest electrical design packages. Using an agile mindset to design and develop, you will collaborate with cross functional design and development teams to ensure solutions are sustainable, innovative and robust.
Knowledge of robotics and high-speed data transmission lines would be an advantage, supporting future
autonomous machines. If this role sounds perfect for you, please read on…
More information about our client:
- Great culture – all working together as a team. There are over 1200 employees in Chard.
- Heavily investing in their business & future – £30million invested to expand their product offering!
- All items are manufactured on their 30 acre site in Chard, they export to over 100 countries globally!
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What will you do?
- Produce and maintain detailed specifications, objectives, requirements and documentation throughout a development cycle.
- Assist in the production of detailed designs to meet project requirements, validating performance and complete system integration.
- Provide technical input into all aspects of electrical wiring.
- Engage with specialists and suppliers to ensure an optimised solution is developed.
- Support continuous improvement through innovation, commercialisation, sustainability.
- Ensure attention to detail, rectification of error and cost control are considerations.
- Assist in implementing changes to processes, methodology and practice within the department.
What skills and experience will the Electrical / CAD Design Engineer need?
- Electrical or Electronic qualification essential with 3 years’ demonstrable work experience.
- Experience in commercial and customer relationships, and development.
- Knowledge of standard production and manufacturing techniques.
- Experienced in hand assembly wiring / harness and routing
- Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD packages
- Desirable - trained in Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
For further information on this excellent opportunity, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.