Electrical Wiring Technician – Test Rigs
Hourly rates; Umbrella Company £24 p/h and PAYE £18.50
It’s not often that you get the opportunity to join a global manufacturer of Construction equipment and work with leading Engineers on cutting edge projects. This long-term contract offers just that! Located at their site in Desford, you will support the building of certain test bed machines, interfacing with the electrical engineering team.
To be successful we’re looking for a self-starter with strong ‘hands on’ electrical skills including trouble shooting and repair of machine wiring.
Core responsibilities will include;
- Hands on wiring of test bed machine without benefit of full schematic
- Rework of Harness as components change (changing connectors using crimp and extractions tools as well as other basic hand tools)
- Using multi-meter to ensure continuity
- Using basic wiring instructions to update machine wiring
What we’re looking for from you;
- Relevant work experience required – 5+ years ‘hands on’ construction equipment electrical experience would be fab!
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical Schematics.
- Ability to create and communicate using simple sub system diagrams
- Knowledge and experience with harness and cable drawings.
- Demonstrated electrical trouble shooting skills.
- Hands-on practical technical experience and a good appreciation of associated vehicle sub-systems such as hydraulics, engines and transmissions.
For further information please contact Caroline/ Kym on our office number
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on an agency/contract/interim basis. The rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an Umbrella Employer; PAYE is available.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have the existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.