Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to join an iconic British FMCG Company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility.
So as Electronics Engineer, what would you do?
You will support existing designs, at both schematic and PCB level, which will involve;
- Finding suitable alternatives to component obsolescence.
- Read and Identify PCB schematics, layout and identify circuit components and assessing datasheets.
- Collaborate with other design engineers ensuring correct product test validation and integration.
- Validate design performance, requirements and ensure complete system integration.
- Act as a reference point for component requirements in the changing market.
More about our client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What are we looking for?
- Required knowledge (degree or other appropriate qualification essential) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other relevant discipline.
Demonstrable technical knowledge in the following subject areas:
- Experience of evaluating electronic schematics and layout.
- Ability to specify a test document.
- Best practice design guides, rules, manufacturing & assembly techniques.
- Hands on testing & evaluation using a range of test equipment.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Use of CAD packages ideally Solid Works and Altium Designer
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.