Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full-time position
Salary £35,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience
We’re looking for Electronics Engineers to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand & invest heavily in their R&D facility!
More information about our client:
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
- Great culture – all working together as a team. There are over 1200 employees in Chard.
- Heavily investing in their business & future – £30million invested to expand their product offering!
- All items are manufactured on their 30-acre site in Chard, they export to over 100 countries globally!
What will you do?
- Support enhancements to existing products and develop new solutions
- Use the latest technologies to ensure products are efficient, optimised for performance, cost effective and energy efficient
- Focus on embedded control; your design solutions will interface with drives, sensors, displays, intelligent batteries and designing solutions for their new autonomous machines!
What skills and experience will the Electronics Engineer need?
- Degree in Electronic Engineering with 3+ years’ experience
- Schematic & layout design using CAD packages
- Demonstrable product development experience of design work from concept and requirements capture, design through to prototype, test and production validation
- Knowledge of standard production and manufacturing techniques
- Experienced in prototype evaluation & using typical lab equipment
- Altium Designer experience would be an advantage
- Experience/trained in Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- EMC test knowledge
- Experience in power electronics, embedded electronics, motor drive technologies and sensors
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.