Embedded Software Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary £35,000 - £43,000 per annum depending on experience
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility!
So as Embedded Software Engineer, what would you do?
You will be responsible for embedded code development with a small team of hardware and software specialists, which will involve;
- Primarily being focused on the full code life cycle including, design, implementation and test of key enhancements, you will also review and implement customer requests for feature enhancements.
- Act as a point of contact for information relating to design activities, within area of specialism, communicating progress and requirements to relevant stakeholders and internal managers.
- Produce and maintain detailed specifications, objectives, requirements and documentation throughout a development cycle.
- Produce detailed designs to meet project/task requirements, validating design performance, requirements and complete system integration.
- Provide technical input into all aspects of design work within area of specialism, providing technical advice to junior managers.
- Engage with internal specialists, to ensure an optimised solution is developed to support continuous improvement through innovation, commercialisation and business need.
More about our client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future.
- Employee benefits include: relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What are we looking for?
- Degree level in a technical subject or relevant knowledge through work experience.
- A robust understanding of microcontroller hardware and architectures is essential with a familiarity with microchip, ST Microelectronics devices and a keen interest in programming best practices.
- Knowledge in low cost, high volume and/or lower volume, higher margin product development and have demonstrable experience in source control practices with an understanding of electronic test equipment (scopes & meters) and ability to interpret circuit diagrams.
- Good development, documentation, release and revision management skills.
- Knowledge of standard production, manufacturing techniques & model building
- Demonstrable experience of design work in product development and concept to production.
- Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD packages appropriate to area of specialism and of document control.
- Ability to provide technical guidance, regarding all aspects of design work within area of specialism.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Occasional travel within or outside of the UK.
- Experience in I2C, SPI, Bluetooth, wireless protocols, PWM, AD and UART
- Trained in Lean and Six Sigma techniques.
- Experience of C# program
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.