Peterborough – initial 12 month contract (via Umbrella / PAYE)
Our client is a world leader in their field – a world famous brand with a truly global reach, innovating and creating the next generation of engines for power and machinery. They have just made available on a contract/interim assignment basis a role for an emissions measurement systems engineer. Our client operates a state of the art research and development facility in Peterborough and this role would join the team of engineers supporting their extensive test facilities.
We’re looking for an engineer position who can contribute to the successful selection/design, implementation and maintenance of equipment and processes that facilitate development of the next generation of powertrain systems.
The day to day work will involve leadership and execution of projects to support developing measurement techniques for future power system technology testing.
The role will initially be carried out remotely but there will be an increasing requirement for site based work in time. Also, in time there may be a need for some travel within the EU.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally, experience of working with emissions measurement systems (e.g. Horiba, AVL) in an engine or vehicle test environment.
- Understanding of emissions instrumentation measurement
- A team player, and with the ability to lead small project teams.
- Confident dealing with customers
- You must be detail orientated with an analytical mindset
- An Engineering / Technical Degree or be qualified through relevant work experience.
- Proficient in PC operation for engineering software.
Full UK driving licence
If you’re interested, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV that clearly shows your relevant experience; suitably qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.
This advert is a summary of the role, a full spec will be supplied. The role is being made on an interim basis, and the rate advertised is based on an hourly rate payable to an umbrella company. PAYE is available. A Key Information Document will be supplied.