Emissions Measurement Technician
12-month contract - hourly rates via an Umbrella company and PAYE available
This role will support the Emissions Measurement Services in a dedicated state of the art Europe Research & Development Centre. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, this vacancy is an engineering position that will contribute to the successful implementation and maintenance of engine emissions measurement equipment and processes.
The day-to-day duties will be assisting engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future emissions measurement technologies and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
Key Responsibilities of the Emissions Measurement Technician
- Practical, hands-on responsibility for evaluating and deploying measurement equipment
- Operating measurement equipment and conducting diagnostic investigations
- Equipment evaluation and collation/distribution of findings
- Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) and calibration of emissions measurement equipment
- Modifications to facility plant/test rigs and equipment
- Evaluating new products and processes in the emissions measurement discipline
- Provide first line breakdown cover which will include shift work (including some weekends)
Key Skills & Competencies required of the Emissions Measurement Technician
- Either qualified through a technical apprenticeship with electro-mechanical bias or equivalent extensive industry experience
- The capacity for continuous learning and sharing knowledge with peers
- Emphasis on initiative and self-starting tasks
- The ability to follow written work instructions and document progress*
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and schematics
- Previous experience of onsite PEMS testing
- Previous experience and theoretical knowledge of gaseous measurement systems (AVL/Horiba) to include calibration/maintenance/fault finding.
- Previous experience of Particulate Mass and Particle Number instruments
- Experience of working in an engine test cell environment
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis techniques and permanent corrective actions.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Full UK Driving License
- BTC, HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
To apply, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.