Employee Communications Specialist - Desford
Initial 10-month contract
Up to £26.50 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
Are you experienced in creating and issuing employee communications within a large organisation? Have you created engaging content, using a range of technologies and a variety of communication channels to develop, maintain and execute communication plans? If “yes” this might just be the opportunity you are looking for…
We are looking for an Employee Communications Specialist to join our Globally renowned client’s HR and Communications team in Desford, on an initial 10-month contract.
What would you do?
- Regular employee communications: creative, engaging content using a range of technologies and communication channels to develop, maintain and execute communication plans.
- One off communications: Provide a consultative approach for internal communication needs.
- Create, execute, and constantly refresh an internal communications strategy that will continuously improve the employee experience, with a particular focus on enhancing communication with production employees.
- Support General Manager and other senior leader communications.
- Work with employees and leaders at all levels. Also work closely with the company’s lead internal communicator (based in America), and the regional media representative on local publicity and media relations.
- Coordinate our community engagement activities including volunteering and charitable support.
- Promote and coordinate recognition programmes.
- Coordinate the administration and analyse the results of the Employee Insights Survey.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in communication (particularly employee communication)
- Excellent communications expertise (especially in writing and preparation of presentations)
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels
- Planning, prioritising and coordination skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, initiating action and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Confidence to challenge the established way of doing things
- An interest in, and enthusiasm for, improving internal communications and employee engagement (desirable)
- Experience of driving engagement through social media channels (desirable)
- Intranet, advanced Office365 and Adobe skills experience would be an advantage
For further information please call Gayle on 01275 867409
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.