Engine Development Test Technician – Stafford – Initial 12 month contract – up to £21 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
Engine Development Test Technician - Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for the delivery of customer engine build and test requirements
- Pre-rigging engines into modified gensets in preparation for test cell installation
- Instrumentation to engineering’s request including some fabrication work for boost, coolant and fuelling systems
- Data measurement, collection, provision of results, use of computerised test bed controls and data acquisition
- Assume ownership of test bed data quality, assist engineers in test methodology and interpretation of results
Engine Development Test Technician - Experience and qualifications required
- City Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in an automotive mechanical subject
- Equivalent qualifications accepted (IMechE accreditation) or higher (HNC/HND/B.Eng.)
- Mechanical/electrical experience on diesel engines, stripping & rebuilding engines, along with a good automotive or off-highway mechanical background.
- Instrumentation experience including thermocouples, pressure transducers, flowmeters, emissions analysers, etc.
- A good knowledge of engine test systems packages (DSG, Cadet, PUMA, STARS) and test schedule writing
- Exposure to ECU controller software packages
- Modification of engine electrical harnesses for a test cell environment desirable but not essential
Working hours: 37hrs – Mon to Thurs 7.45am to 4.30pm, Fri 7.45am to 11.45am
For further information please contact Caroline on 01275 867403.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.