Engine Test Engineer
Permanent - based on site in Bedford
Salary: Up to £38,430 depending on experience
40 hours a week (Mon - Fri, 08.00 - 16.30 or 08.30 - 17.00)
Benefits: Generous holiday allowance, Contributory pension scheme, Life Cover, healthcare cashback plans, company recognition awards, employee assistance support services, access to a wide range of discounts & offers via Perkz reward scheme
Are you passionate about getting the best from an engine? Have you used dynos or engine test cell equipment to run engine tests? Can you analyse the engine test data and write reports on your findings? Would you like to work for a company where you can gain access to a broad range of learning relevant to your role and personal development, as well as exposure to leading technologies and expertise? If so, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for…
We’re looking for an Engine Test Engineer (IC Engines) to join a leading Automotive Test facility. The successful Engineer will join a Company offering customisable vehicle testing solutions, which include; proving grounds and laboratories for vehicle engineering and homologation for transport, agricultural and defence industries (amongst others!)
What would the Engine Test Engineer do?
- Work closely with customer engineering teams to establish and carry out test programs
- Generate engine installation packs and schematics for accurate test bed setups
- Identify engine/test delivery faults and collaborate with others to find effective solutions
- Analysing engine data and understanding correct trends and causes for concern
- Processing & validation of engine test data. Report, review & provide authorisation of results
- Track project efficiency and maintain project related invoicing
- Take active part in regular customer update meetings – this may require you to travel
What skills and experience will the Automotive Testing Facilities Engineer need?
- Automotive/Mechanical Engineering HND, Degree or relevant experience of testbed operation will be considered in place of qualifications
- 2 years minimum experience in an automotive engineering discipline
- Understanding of engine fundamentals and materials characteristics
- Use of engine test cell equipment/software (e.g., dynos, instrumentation & calibration tools)
- Working knowledge and experience of AVL Puma, Horiba STARS and/or Kratzer PATools test automation systems. In depth knowledge of other automation systems would be considered
- Data interpretation, critique, and presentation, using Excel and/or AVL Concerto. Ability to write formal reports using standard templates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and understanding of emissions measurement equipment – desirable
- Experience of a wide variety of engine types would be advantageous (Petrol, Diesel, High Performance, Heavy Duty, Alternative Fuels, CEC Fuels Testing)
For further information on this excellent opportunity, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.