Engine Validation Engineer – Peterborough – Initial 12 month Contract – up to £30 per hour (depending on experience) on an umbrella company contract basis
The Engineer will join the Product Development team in the team working on 1.7 to 7.1 range of engines. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out engine validation work that will make significant contributions to the NPI programs for these engines.
This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the mechanical validation of diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications.
Engine Development / Validation Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Create detailed test planning, execution of testing activities, analysis of results, and documentation with clear recommendations for the relevant process partners.
- Carry out complex engine validation tests
- Evaluate products and processes; perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
- Keep up to date on new technologies or develop new technologies
- Communicate technical information to a range of stakeholders
Engine Development / Validation Engineer - Key skills & experience required
- Previous experience in engine development and mechanical validation for CI or SI engines
- Engineering degree
- Proven analytical skills
- Technical mindset and ability to communicate technical information effectively
- Ability to collaborate with and communicate to a range of stakeholders including internal process partners, customers and suppliers
For further information please contact Francesca on 01275 867408.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.