Import Clearance Administrator - Birchwood (WFH/Hybrid)
Initial 6-month contract - likely to go permanent in the future for the right person!
Up to £16.56 per hour PAYE, Umbrella contracts also available - rates depending on experience
Do you have experience of Import or Export clearance administration? Have you completed Import or Export Customs declarations? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment, where no two days are the same, this might just be the opportunity you are looking for you…
We are looking for an Import Clearance Administrator to join our client’s Global Imports team in Birchwood on an initial 6-month contract, which is likely to go permanent in the future for the right person! Currently working in the Birchwood office 2 days a week and 3 days from home.
What makes this role interesting?
- Worldwide imports
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team
- Friendly co-workers in a nice working environment
- Working for an industry leader, and world-renowned brand
What would the Import Clearance Administrator do?
- Daily operation of the Ricardo Duty Management System and submission to HMR&C
- Inbound Freight Management and performance reviews (dependent on volume)
- Inbound Freight invoice validation and approval
- Maintenance of Commodity codes and classification of new product (dependent on volume)
- Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates
- Reconcile the Duty Deferment account (dependent on volume)
- Maintain accurate records for audit and trade compliance purposes
What skills and experience will the Import clearance administrator have?
- Previous experience of working within an Imports/Export administration role
- Planning & organising skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines, whilst paying excellent attention to detail
- Customer Focused with strong interpersonal and IT skills
- Team player with a flexible approach and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Duty Deferment for HMRC - desirable
- Experience of working within an organisation that buy/sell large volumes worldwide - desirable
- SAP or Ricardo experience - desirable (full training will be given on these systems)
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.