Import, Export and Duty Administrator – Peterlee (SR8)
Initial 6 month contract – up to £16.50 per hour (Umbrella contract basis)
Do you have experience in the import or export of goods in/out of the UK? Are you a team player with excellent communication skills? If your answer is “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment, where every day is different, this might just be the opportunity you are looking for you…
We are looking for an Import, Export and DutyAdministrator to join our client’s Duty team in Peterlee, on an initial 6 month contract, which has the potential to keep rolling.
What makes this role interesting?
- Working for an industry leader, and world-renowned brand.
- Worldwide imports and exports.
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team.
- Friendly co-workers in a nice working environment.
What would you do?
- Ensure import and export compliance, making sure all documentation is trade compliant.
- Issue Clearance instructions and deal with Customs ports and Customs entries.
- Handle daily import, export and Customs activity with freight forwarders.
- Export declarations, duty deferment payments and ensure full HMRC compliance.
- Review Customs entries completed by brokers to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with HMRC, freight forwarders and supply chain for bringing goods into the warehouse.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience and understanding of working within a Global Imports/Exports department.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
- Ability to work and communicate with other departments, and external third parties.
- Excel skills (v-look up would be beneficial).
- The ability to work in an organised, planned manner whilst paying excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently meeting deadlines.
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.