Import, Export & Duty Administrator - Peterlee (SR8)
Initial 6-month contract - up to £16.50 per hour (Umbrella contract basis)
Do you have experience in the import or export of goods in/out of the UK? Are you a team player with excellent communication skills? If your answer is “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment, where every day is different, this might just be the opportunity you are looking for you…
We are looking for an Import, Export and DutyAdministrator to join our client’s Duty team in Peterlee, on an initial 6-month contract, which has the potential to keep rolling.
What makes this role interesting?
- Working for an industry leader, and world-renowned brand.
- Worldwide imports and exports.
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team.
- Friendly co-workers in a nice working environment.
What would you do?
- Ensure import and export compliance, making sure all documentation is trade compliant.
- Issue Clearance instructions and deal with Customs ports and Customs entries.
- Handle daily import, export, and Customs activity with freight forwarders.
- Export declarations, duty deferment payments and ensure full HMRC compliance.
- Review Customs entries completed by brokers to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with HMRC, freight forwarders and supply chain for bringing goods into the warehouse.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience and understanding of working within a Global Imports/Exports department.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative work style.
- Ability to work and communicate with other departments, and external third parties.
- Excel skills (v-look up would be beneficial).
- The ability to work in an organised, planned manner whilst paying excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience of consistently meeting deadlines.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.