Innovation Design Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
£35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
We are looking for an Innovation Design Engineer to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence, from their site in Chard, this role is based on site. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility!
As an Innovation Design Engineer, you use an agile mindset to design and develop, whilst collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure solutions are sustainable, innovative and robust. Researching complex or innovative engineering assignments requiring the development and integration of new technologies, products or processes. Investigate new/emerging technologies, innovations and opportunities. Ideate Patentable concepts in line with the Innovation Strategy and driving growth through innovation! If this role sounds perfect for you, please read on…
More information about our client:
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
- Great culture – all working together as a team. There are over 1200 employees in Chard.
- Heavily investing in their business & future – £30million invested to expand their product offering!
- All items are manufactured on their 30 acre site in Chard, they export to over 100 countries globally!
What will you do?
- Transform ideas into new or improved products, services or processes; in order to advance, compete and differentiate.
- Innovate, conceptualise, drive new and emerging technologies achieving value for all customers.
- Be responsible for performance testing, evaluation and reporting.
- Produce and maintain detailed specifications, objectives, requirements and documentation.
- Engage with specialists and suppliers to ensure an optimised solution is developed.
- Support continuous improvement via innovation, commercialisation, sustainability & performance.
- Assist in implementing changes to processes, methodology, environment and practice within the department in a positive supportive manner.
What skills and experience will the Innovation Design Engineer need?
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or HND with a minimum of 3- 5 Years’ experience.
- Experience using CAD software: Solidworks/AutoCAD/Ansys or similar.
- A good lateral thinker with excellent attention to detail, able to navigate complexity, inspire, embrace ambiguity, and prototype proof of concepts.
- Experience working with other disciplines within science, technology and physics.
For further information on this excellent opportunity, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.