Lead Electronics Engineer
Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time position
Salary up to £50,000 (depending on experience)
Do you consider yourself to be an expert in design and development of all technical aspects relating to electronic design? Have you/could you lead others in your field of expertise? Would you like to work for an established (and growing!) British FMCG/industrial products manufacturing company? If your answers are “yes”, “yes” and “yes” – this could be the role you have been waiting for…
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence.
More about our Client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – all working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- Products are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future; and have plans to expand in 2021.
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
- You will be leading and participating in the design, development and simulation of ALL electronic design, and will act as a design lead and mentor for junior members of the team.
What would you do?
- Define and maintain documentation detailing system requirements, compliance, performance and validation in accordance with product specifications
- Lead and participate in the design, development and simulation of all electronic design
- Collaborate with other design engineers, ensuring correct product integration
- Produce detailed designs to meet project/task requirements. Validating design performance, requirements and ensuring complete system integration
- Act as a design lead and mentor for junior members in your relevant area of expertise
What are we looking for?
- Significant knowledge in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of leading design work
- Experience in power and embedded electronics for volume manufacture
- Commercial experience, such as negotiation techniques, supply chain management, customer relationship development, etc.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas: Embedded and power electronic design, Schematic Capture, PCB layout and simulation using Altium Designer
- Microprocessor, Analogue and digital design
- Power supply design and the ability to diagnose and mitigate EMC/EMI problems
- Best practice design guides, rules, manufacturing and assembly techniques
- Hands on testing and evaluation using a range of test equipment
For further information on this excellent opportunity, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.