Local Category Buyer
Peterlee - Initial 18 Month Contract
Up to £23.20 per hour PAYE / Up to £30.50 per hour via an umbrella company
We’re looking for a Local Category Buyer with excellent commercial awareness, to provide supply network solutions expertise for a globally renowned articulated truck manufacturer in Peterlee. This is an initial 18 month contract with PAYE or umbrella rates available. Currently there is a mix of WFH (2 days minimum) and in the office, as a global manufacturer there are many Covid safety measures in place on site.
What will the Local Category Buyer do?
- Manage: the supplier base (Indirect Purchasing Suppliers) for specific categories, the bidding process based on stakeholder requests, strategy for local source, and supplier performance using SRM process.
- Leadership: provide leadership for strategic sourcing. Qualify the supply network, business continuity, supplier risk management – capacity & financial, logistics, contract management, supplier commercial negotiations, cost/spend management.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives and NPI activities within Purchasing
- Strategy: actively participate on 6 Sigma Strategic Sourcing teams to understand and develop the supply network, evaluate strategic options, decide a course of action, and begin implementation. Develop knowledge of the product, Facility, NPI, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Category Strategies.
- Supplier Development: ensure continuous improvement in QCLDM with key supplier
- Travel: the assignment may require frequent travel
What skills and experience will the Local Category Buyer need?
- Procurement background e.g Buyer with demonstrable Indirect purchasing experience
- Relevant education background e.g. an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership experience – to lead teams, suppliers and customers to effective solutions
- Analytical, problem solving, and project leadership skills
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles and QCLDM
- 6 Sigma knowledge/experience – desirable
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.