Maintenance Technician - Global Engine Test Facility
Initial 12-month contract
Hourly rates up to £21.75 (Umbrella) or £16.84 (PAYE)
We’re looking for a Maintenance Technician to join a multi- million Global Engine Test facility in Peterborough. As Maintenance Technician you will work within the team responsible for commissioning the test facility, whilst also interacting with wider facility teams.
As Maintenance Technician you will have the opportunity to provide support on state-of-the-art engine test beds. Working alongside the engineering teams, mechanical design and electronics teams daily tasks will include;
- Facility breakdowns using fault diagnostics techniques
- Calibrate test bed equipment such as dynamometers and high speed, low speed pressure transducers and control systems.
- Repair of equipment and the installation and commissioning of new facilities.
- We’re looking for a technician with mechanical hands on experience in one or more of the following disciplines; PLC, electrical, BMS or Quality documentation (17025 compliant).
Ideally qualifications and experience will include;
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret, design, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical drawings.
- Multi-skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical disciplines
- Experience or qualifications for working to health and safety standards/regulations
- BS 7671:2008 IEE 18th Electrical Regulations (Desirable)
- BS 7671:2008 Inspection and Testing of Electrical installations (Desirable)
- Qualifications/Experience of Programmable Logic Control (Allen Bradley, RS logix5000, Siemens)
- Ideally you will have qualifications/experience in fault finding of hydraulic systems, calibration of instrumentation, laser alignment of rotating equipment
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.