Management Accountant - Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Salary £36,000 to £42,000 depending on experience + excellent benefits and up to 10% bonus
12 month fixed term contract - Full Time hours - Some flexible working may be considered
Are you a confident, fully qualified Accountant with Management Accounting experience? Have you worked in a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team within a global business?
We are looking for a fully qualified Management Accountant to join our client’s Material and Cost Accounting Team, to support accounting activities at our customers global manufacturing business in Peterborough.
What will the Management Accountant do?
- Member of the Business Support Accounting team responsible for the reporting of Fixed and Variable Costs for the Peterborough facility, along with associated analysis and commentary on a monthly basis.
- Month end financial close including journal preparation, cost allocations and associated trend analysis.
- Support annual business planning and forecasting cycles for key business areas within the OTD organisation.
- Act as Business Partner to manufacturing and other department leaders, through the provision of value-add cost reporting and KPIs, including monthly presentation.
- Completion of monthly corporate reporting requirements.
- Develop current processes and reporting cascade, as the business progresses their digitalisation journey.
- Support the calculation of annual overhead cost rates.
- Adhoc project work.
What skills and experience will the Management Accountant need?
- Fully qualified in one of the following ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand detailed data and analysis and translate to key messages for non-finance leaders.
- Previous management accounting experience.
- Excellent business partnering skills.
- Effective communication skills and confident in presenting financial information to senior management.
- Ability to fit into a dynamic and fast-moving accounting team and global business.
- Good organisation skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.