Material Planner - Desford
Initial 6 month contract - Up to £16.00 per hour (via Umbrella / PAYE) depending on experience
Do you have material planning experience within an engineering or manufacturing company? Are you hoping to find a new exciting challenge, within a fast-moving environment? Would you like to work for a world renowned brand?
We are looking for a Material Planner to join our client’s Supply Chain Team in Desford. This is an initial 6 month contract. If you have a background in planning and production within manufacturing, excellent excel skills and a strong eye for detail, this could be the opportunity you are looking for…
What makes this role interesting?
- A world-class Global supply base.
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- Collaborative partnerships with suppliers.
- Great development opportunities.
- No two days are the same
What will the Material Planner do?
- Coordinate materials and parts, with customers and other partners.
- Checking requirements and collaborating with customers.
- Working with all sources of material, to ensure they arrive on time.
What skills and experience does the Material Planner need?
- Ideally previous experience working within a Material Planning role in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Use of an MRP system.
- Advanced Excel (e.g. lookups and pivot tables).
- Data Analytics and Power BI experience is desirable.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills; excellent phone manner and team working skills.
- Self-Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail.
- You need to be able to solve problems independently and put measures in place to stop them from reoccurring.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.