Material Planning Analyst
Rates up to £16.85 (PAYE) and £21.75 (Umbrella)
Our clients are worldwide manufacturers of mining and construction products. Due to an increase in workload they are looking for 3 Material Planning Analysts on an initial 12 month contract basis to work with suppliers, schedulers and production teams to ensure material availability.
This is a fantastic and diverse role, where you will work with international stakeholders. No two days will be the same, and you will be supported by a very knowledgeable team.
Core responsibilities will include;
- Using MRP and supplier collaboration technologies to collaborate with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production and regulate inventory levels.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of materials to the facility, collaborating with suppliers to coordinate delivery and shipping schedules to meet facility production plans.
- Actively collaborating with suppliers to resolve supplier delivery issues and improve point of use availability, identifying and applying root cause corrections actions where necessary.
- Supporting supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Delivering improvements in point of use material availability
What we’re looking for from you;
- Strong material planning background with an appreciating of Lean methodologies
- Proven ability to schedule and expedite parts
- Computer literate (in particular Excel)
- Self-motivated and able to operate within a team environment
- Strong communication skills and numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organised and able to work to production deadlines
Currently the team are working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely – but aim to be back to full 5 days onsite.
If you’re interested, please apply now with an up-to-date copy of your CV that clearly shows your relevant experience; suitably qualified candidates will be contacted immediately.
This advert is a summary of the role, a full spec will be supplied. The role is being made on an interim basis, and the rate advertised is based on an hourly rate payable to an umbrella company. PAYE is available. A Key Information Document will be supplied.