Materials Technician - Peterborough – Initial 6 month contract – up to £16.50 per hour (depending on experience) on a limited or umbrella company contract basis
The Technician will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes both in laboratory and field environments.
Materials Technician Experience and qualifications required
- Apprenticeship or relevant experience
- Practical engineering experience
- Machining/ fabrication/ materials testing experience
Materials Technician Key Responsibilities
- May have direct contact with machines and components, working in the lab, field and at the proving grounds, observing, operating and testing the product or component.
- Operate test equipment and conduct investigation as directed by engineers to obtain, analyse and summarize data and utilise assistance of support personnel as necessary.
- Record evaluation results in appropriate form (curves, charts, tables, sketches, photographs) with the appropriate tools (hardcopy, software, etc.) to engineer for inclusion in technical reports.
- Assist engineers in performing Needs Analysis and initiate ideas; in evaluating new products and processes; in communicating results to customers, team members and other business units; in contributing to the design of new products and processes; in performing product and process maintenance.
For further information please contact Francesca on 01275 867408.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.