Mechanical Design Engineer - Desford
Initial 12 Month Contract - up to £28 per hour (depending on experience) via an umbrella company contract basis, PAYE is also available.
Joining a major off highway manufacturer in Desford we're looking for a Design Engineer proficient in light fabrication design, ideally with some non-metallic design experience. The successful applicant will take responsible for delivering a significant portion of our customer’s next generation cab. They will be expected to provide intelligently designed, reliable, cost effective solutions for the future off highway machinery.
Key Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:-
- Will be responsible for delivering cab component designs in support of NPI programmes
- Supporting programmes by investigation of design failures and operator improvements.
- You will be involved with varying stages of the new product development process including; requirements capture, specification, FMEA, design, development testing, validation, and certification.
- You will work with a project team lead, supervisors, and peers in a variety of areas including engineering, manufacturing, assembly planning, purchasing, releasing, engineering change control, scheduling, and product field service support.
- Will be interfacing with both internal and external suppliers as well as the other departments and prime product groups.
Key Skills / Experiences of the Design Engineer:-
- Must have CREO experience and ideally team centre.
- Complex surface models in CAD – Desirable
- Supplier CPPD (Collaborative Product and Process Development)
- Be able to read structural design drawings
- Understand geometric tolerance schemes
- Be able to collaborate with light fabs producers and tooling suppliers
- Be familiar with fabrication tooling – Weld fixtures, pressings, forming processes
- Issue tracking and resolution
For further information please contact Kym on 01275 867411.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.