Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Are you a skilled and qualified maintenance technician? Our client is seeking a multi skilled maintenance technician to join them on a temporary/contract basis, to support the operations/maintenance team at their Stafford site.
You would be putting safety first and delivering a planned maintenance schedule to maximise machine availability at our clients manufacturing site.
What would you do?
- Provide the correct level of maintenance support across the shifts
- Deliver fast, effective electrical / mechanical fault finding
- The completion of TPM activities across the site
- Create and maintain maintenance records
- Actively manage safety issues, communicate what actions need to be undertaken to ensure that the plant/site is maintained in a safe working condition
- Keep all engineering working areas clean and tidy
- To maximise the in-house engineering skills to deliver Electrical / Fabrication / Mechanical modifications where ever possible
- Identify / implement improvement projects in Safety, PPM, Waste reduction and plant performance
(A full job description is available)
What are we looking for?
- Qualified time served apprenticeship trained Multi-Skilled Engineer (preferably) with an Electrical bias and strong mechanical skills
- Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Experience in Engine test facilities or similar manufacturing equipment a distinct advantage.
- To work at a competent level of expertise with PLCs(Siemens), robotics within machining, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical systems and process control software
- 18th edition IEE wiring regulations certificate preferable
- Gas Safe Qualification is desirable.
- Someone willing to work a 2 shift system and be flexible to work weekends when required
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately
The above represents a summary of the role. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate, though agency PAYE is available, quoted separately. A full explanation of the rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.