NPI Project Lead
Stafford (ST16) - Hybrid (3 days in the office / 2 days WFH)
Initial 12 Month Contract - likely to extend for the right person!
Early finish on a Friday! - 37 hours a week, Mon to Thurs 08.00 - 16.30, Fri 08.00 - 13.00
Up to £39.00 per hour per via an umbrella company (PAYE with us also available)
Have you led or managed projects within an engineering/manufacturing company? Are you experienced in leading projects which develop new machinery/technology and understand the componentry required for these? Can you facilitate team meetings, ensuring everyone takes away their own action points and then delivers them by their required date? If you have experience of all of these…this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Our client is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and support of a world class range of engines, they are looking for a NPI Project Lead with engineering/manufacturing experience to be responsible for NPI; project planning, managing the project and team through the project plan, delivering on time and within budget. You could be involved in a number of different NPI projects, where every day is different!
In addition to leading projects, you will be accountable for coordinating the efforts of the team responsible for processing engineering changes, establishing manufacturing effective dates and the timely scheduling of material to the factory, in relation to NPI programmes and projects.
What skills and experience will the NPI Project Lead need?
· You’ll lead projects to ensure they’re delivered on time, to cost and quality - so will need demonstrable experience of this within an engineering/manufacturing company as you’ll need an understanding of large scale NPI/product engineering changes & the componentry involved
· Engine/Electric Power Experience, Automotive or Aerospace industry background (3 years min)
· Strong communication and relationship building ability.
· Organisation with ability to prioritise when and where needed.
· Ability to work well independently
· Strong personal initiative, communication, organisational and time management skills
· Ability to quickly assemble cross functional teams to address project opportunities
· Proficiency working with computer systems. Software programs used include: Microsoft Project (this is a must have!), Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Word. ETQ database (quality), Epix and PRWB
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.