NVH Test Engineer - Peterborough
Initial 12 month contract – which could be ongoing!
Up to £23.20 per hour PAYE/Up to £30.50 per hour via an umbrella company
Do you have experience of working on Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) projects for Powertrain/engines? Would you like to work for a highly respected and well-known engine Manufacturing Company, in a dedicated, state of the art facility? If yes, this could be what you’re looking for…
We are looking for an NVH Test Engineer to be based in Peterborough, for an initial 12 month contract which could be ongoing for the right person, as long as the business need is there!
- Performing test work in the lab, engine test cell or on the final machine installation.
- Gathering relevant information, compare data, predicting and managing failures.
- Problem investigation and resolution; evaluate new products/designs, processes or systems.
- Analysing, identifying and applying engineering techniques to solve problems/make recommendations.
- Knowledge of instrumentation for data acquisition, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members and other business units.
Qualifications / Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Engineering discipline plus 3-5 years’ experience, or a master’s degree in Engineering.
- Experienced with NVH competencies (practical engineering understanding, knowledge and experience of vibration theory, equipment calibration).
- Excellent analytical skills and lateral thinking.
- Capture and verify data integrity, analysis of data in both time and frequency domain.
- Excellent communication skills
The role may involve some travel to other facilities or customer sites.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.