Off Highway Machinery Technician – Desford
Initial 12 month contract
Up to £23.50 per hour (via Umbrella / PAYE) depending on experience
Have you assisted off highway/agricultural customers with resolving mechanical and electrical issues with their machines? If “yes” and you enjoy helping customers, working in a varied environment where every day is different, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for an Off Highway Machinery Technician to join our globally renowned client’s team in Desford. This is an initial 12 month contract, there’s potential for the contract to be on-going for the right person. The Off Highway Machinery Technician is responsible for resolving a high percentage of application issues, and escalating any issues if required.
What will the Off Highway Machinery Technician do?
- Identify and resolve issues with Machine & Technology hardware and software, work to resolve issues and restore machines to full operation
- Use standard support processes to respond to, restore, and resolve machine issues
- Participate in New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
- Provide hands-on product expertise to complete problem analysis and provide resolution
- Answer customers’ queries via online system, emails, and phone calls
- Some travel within the UK and Internationally to customers and also to mine sites.
What skills and experience will the Off Highway Machinery Technician need?
- Engineering degree
- Previous off highway/agricultural machine technician experience
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, to liaise internally and externally
- Great customer service skills, keeping customers updated regularly
- Must be keen to learn more about the machine they will support
- Teamwork – supporting the Product service engineer in Desford
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates