Procurement Coordinator - Clevedon
Our client, a major manufacturer of bearings for the automotive and aerospace sales unit, is looking for a Procurement Coordinator to manage a range of Suppliers & Sub-Contractors and develop and improve supplier relationships and internal Supply Chain processes
What would you do?
- Contribute and support the development of the department; assist in identifying areas of improvement and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Manage suppliers and subcontractors including creation of Purchase Orders, Regular Order Book Reviews, and Providing Reliable Forecasts.
- Produce Delivery Performance Measures, identifying trends or exceptions that require action or escalation.
- Participate in resolution of Supplier non-conformances by facilitating and driving activities between relevant external and internal teams.
- Manage SAP Procurement Exception messages
- Cover for other members of the procurement team including consumable procurement as and when required.
- Liaising with all departments across site and working closely with the Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering and Production Channels on supplier related issues.
- Work closely with the planning team to communicate future production needs and how this can best be aligned with supplier capability.
- Effective communication of potential risks and late deliveries to the planning team.
- To progress outstanding deliveries and chase acknowledgements recorded into SAP immediately upon receipt
What are we looking for?
- SAP user knowledge
- Computer literacy, including use of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of MRP principles
- Ability to communicate confidently with both internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of product and process flow
- Ability to interpret and evaluate data
- Self-motivated, disciplined and assertive
To apply, please send us a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.