Chard, Somerset - Permanent, Full time positions available
Salary up to £38,000 (depending on experience)
We are looking for Product Designers to join an iconic British Company who operate on a global presence, Senior positions are also available! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who continue to expand and invest heavily in their R&D facility.
As Product Designer, what would you do?
- Provide significant design and engineering input into all aspects of design work that falls within your area of expertise.
- Create detailed designs to meet the requirements specified for the creation of new and existing products.
- Take a full part in the development and improvement of the R&D department - be that organisational, team, or individual, and fully support any continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure that attention to detail, rectification of design error, and cost control, are considerations that you have at the forefront of your mind when engaged on design work.
- Be involved in and support Business Improvement Projects.
More about our Client, and what you can expect from the role:
- Great culture – all working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- All items are manufactured on site. Our client is heavily investing in their business and for the future!
- Employee benefits include relocation allowance (if required), generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme, lunchtime finish on a Friday, Christmas site closure, free parking on site, employee wellbeing program and discounts on local services.
What are we looking for?
- Must have a minimum of 2 years demonstrable work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge (degree or other appropriate qualification essential) in required area of design expertise.
- Extensive use of CAD modelling software appropriate to area of expertise and of document control.
- Good appreciation of loads and forces acting within components and complex assemblies.
- Demonstrable experience of design work in product development from concept to production.
- Demonstrable experience of component or system modification.
- Plastic injection moulding and/or sheet metalwork, fabricated assemblies, rotational moulding.
- Good understanding of a range of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
- Competent at producing Engineering drawings and schemes.
- Experience in design for low cost, high volume manufacture, and design for low volume, high value product.
- Good hand modelmaking skills to demonstrate proof of principle models.
- Stress analysis, CAE – Desirable.
For further information on this excellent opportunity, please call Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.