Project Buyer - Peterborough or Shrewsbury
Initial 12-month contract
Up to £30.50 per hour (via Umbrella / PAYE) depending on experience
Do you have experience of managing a portfolio of sourcing projects for automotive or other global engineering/manufacturing companies? Do you have excellent project management, communication, organisational and presenting skills? If “yes” and you enjoy working in a busy environment where every day is different, this could be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Project Buyer to join our globally renowned client’s purchasing team. This is an initial 12-month contract based on site in Peterborough or Shrewsbury; there’s potential for the contract to be on-going for the right person, as long as the business need is there. You will have a track record of successfully managing projects within a purchasing department of a global engineering or manufacturing matrix organisation.
What will the Project Buyer do?
· Lead sourcing projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to cost and quality.
· Monitor project progress and performance, to ensure delivery as scoped.
· Produce project plans and weekly reports.
· Provide leadership for cost reduction, sourcing, logistics and resource management
· Document and manage project actions, costs, changes, risks, and issues.
· Organise and lead project meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
· Build relationships with Global Category Buyers and Regional Category Teams
· Some travel within the UK & Europe when travel is allowed.
What skills and experience will the Project Buyer need?
· Demonstrable Project Management experience ideally within a Purchasing department of a global engineering or manufacturing matrix organisation
· MS Project or similar Project management software/tool is essential, to visually track projects.
· Ability to put together effective presentations.
· Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs)
· Previous experience of managing global and regional suppliers
· Knowledge of AGILE based approach to Project Management duties is highly desirable
· Teamwork and the ability to work independently and without micro-management.
· Excellent communication, leadership, organisation, interpersonal and purchasing skills.
· 6 Sigma black belt or similar accreditation – desirable
· The ability to follow many different open topics at the same time and be able to complete and follow up on all open topics in an efficient way
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates