£33.50 umbrella/ £25.50 PAYE (DOE)
We’re looking for a Project Buyer with excellent commercial awareness to support global purchasing programs for a major Engine OEM in Peterborough. This is an initial 12 month contract with PAYE or umbrella rates available.
The successful Buyer will be responsible for leading a range of resourcing projects. They will act as the point of contact for all functional team leads and suppliers. Ensuring that all project activities are delivered on time to meet engine production requirements.
At the moment there is some flexibility around working hours and the role is mainly WFH (although there is a gradual move back to the office)
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead resource projects.
- Produce project plans and weekly reports to the Project Procurement Manager.
- Leading project meetings with suppliers and cross functional team leads.
- Issue meeting minutes and manage actions to completion.
- Document and manage project Risks and Issues, whilst communicating successes.
- Process Tooling estimates through the approvals process and ensure purchase orders are issued.
- Manage new engineering samples from the supplier into our factories for validation.
- Manage new projects in accordance with our APQP process.
- Work with cross functional teams’ to ensure projects stay on plan.
- Carry out RFQ work as required.
- Produce cost benefit analysis and sourcing recommendations.
- Produce business cases for business approval of RFQ recommendations.
- Support sourcing strategy development and implementation.
- Procurement background e.g Buyer
- Demonstrable Project skills e.g. 6 Sigma, Prince 2.
- Good stakeholder management and networking skills.
- Good computer skills and able to produce presentations, project plan and excel analysis.
- Ideally have Manufacturing experience, but not essential.
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. The rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an Umbrella Employer.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up-to-date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.