Buyer – Peterborough (Hybrid – Office/WFH)
Initial 6 Month Contract – likely to extend for the right person!
Up to £25.67 per hour PAYE / Up to £34.00 per hour via an umbrella company
We’re looking for a Buyer with excellent commercial awareness to support global purchasing programs for a major Engine OEM in Peterborough. This is an initial 6 month contract, working on site in Peterborough initially; once trained you’ll be able to work hybrid, with some days from home.
The successful Buyer will be responsible for leading a range of resourcing projects. You’ll act as the point of contact for all functional team leads and suppliers. Ensuring that all project activities are delivered on time to meet engine production requirements.
What will the Buyer do?
- Lead resource projects for the Steel category - castings, forgings etc
- Produce cost benefit analysis & sourcing recommendations, carry our RFQ work
- Produce business cases for business approval of RFQ recommendations
- Support sourcing strategy development and implementation
- Lead project meetings with suppliers and cross functional team leads
- Document and manage project Risks and Issues, whilst communicating successes
- Manage new engineering samples from the supplier into the client’s factories for validation
- Manage new projects in accordance with the APQP process
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure projects stay on plan
What skills and experience will the Buyer need?
- Procurement background e.g Buyer
- Good stakeholder management and networking skills
- Good computer skills and able to produce presentations, project plan and excel analysis
- Project lead experience such as 6 Sigma, Prince 2 would be an advantage
- Ideally have Manufacturing experience, but not essential
- Ability to read engineering drawings would be an advantage
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.