Project Leader (Purchasing Team) - Desford (Mostly Remote Working)
Initial 12-month contract - likely to extend as long as the business need is there!
Up to £23.00 per hour PAYE/Up to £30.45 per hour via an umbrella company
Have you worked within Engineering or Purchasing? Can you read Technical drawings? Do you pride yourself on driving projects forward and delivering them on time? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for…
We’re looking for a Project Leader to join a globally renowned Fortune 100 engineering company, working mostly from home, infrequently in the office. Working within their Purchasing team, you’ll lead a current project, looking at localising drivetrain/transmission casting components in Europe.
Daily tasks for the Project Manager will include:
- Leading the project team and ensuring that the agreed timelines are on track
- Working with our client’s buyers and engineers, leading them through the project
- Ensure quotations are obtained from Suppliers by: working with the purchasing team, running stakeholder meetings, and running project team meetings too
- Provide feedback to senior stakeholders on the progress etc
- Manage capital expenditure associated with the project
- Prioritisation of components based on business need (such as assurance of supply)
- Creation of a project plan (potentially with support of Project Management Office)
- Interfacing with Suppliers on aspects of the project
What we’re looking for from you:
- Ability to manage project concepts/schedules through to successful completion
- A Purchasing/Engineering background - familiar working within a technical environment
- Ability to read and be comfortable with engineering drawings
- Stakeholder management, a confident presenter - to articulate business cases for approval
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience working with Suppliers
- A self-starter, who can work under own initiative and direction
- Ability to multitask and problem solve, with strong analytical/organisational skills
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.