Proving Ground Test Engineer - Peterborough
Hourly rate £30.50 (Umbrella) £23.50 (PAYE)
Are you a Test Engineer with a particular interest in off highway machinery? Have you worked alongside customers ensuring their application needs are met?
We’re looking for a Proving Ground Test Engineer to join our clients globally renowned engineering business in Peterborough on a long-term contract basis. You will get stuck into a variety of engine installation and test projects covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown, and test.
As a Proving Ground Test Engineer you will;
- Take ownership over the installation and testing of engines in existing machines and Generator Sets (Gensets)
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
- Perform product and process maintenance.
- Work with customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- Effectively manage several projects simultaneously.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back-hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine.
- Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine.
- Travel to various off site test and development facilities both company owned and 3rd Party (some overseas).
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum - 3-5 years’ experience
- A master’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 1 to 2 years’ experience or a doctorate degree in engineering.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills. Previous experience or knowledge of the use and operation of Gensets.
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines.
- Previous experience in the use of CANape is desirable.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.