Purchasing Analyst – Desford
12 month contract (maternity cover) – up to £20 per hour (Limited or Umbrella contract basis)
This is an immediate requirement
Have you worked in Purchasing or Procurement within a busy manufacturing environment? Do you have excellent Microsoft Excel skills/experience? If your answer is “yes” and you like working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, this might just be the contract for you…
We are looking for a Purchasing Analyst to join our client’s Global Purchasing department in Desford on a 12 month contract. Our client needs someone to join their team as soon as possible.
What makes this role interesting?
- Working for an industry leader working in category management, open eyes to world-class suppliers.
- A Global supply base
- Great culture – strong individuals working together as a team, building excellent relationships across the business.
- Excellent working partnerships with suppliers.
- Offers great development.
- Exposure to diverse activities.
What would you do?
- You will be supporting the Global Purchasing team and be responsible for the analysis and maintenance of data including; purchase orders, quotations, invoices, supplier data and measurements.
- Communication with suppliers via phone and email.
- Requesting quotes and analysing received quotes.
What are we looking for?
- You will have a track record of working independently, providing analytical support, within a busy manufacturing and purchasing/procurement environment.
- Work independently with the ability to prioritise workload and investigate data to make decisions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, particularly in Excel (e.g. look ups and pivot tables).
- AS400 and Glovia systems knowledge would be an advantage but not essential.
- Familiarity with basic procurement and quality principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Hydraulic hose assembly parts/knowledge would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Quality, Cost, Logistics, Development, and Management.
For further information please contact Gayle on 01275 867409
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.