Purchasing Analyst - Peterborough
Initial 12 Month Contract (potential to keep rolling for the right person)
Up to £13.50 per hour PAYE / Up to £17.25 per hour via an umbrella company
Have you provided analytical reporting support within a purchasing environment? Do you have experience liaising with suppliers? If yes, this could be the opportunity for you…
We are looking for a Purchasing Analyst to join our globally renowned client’s Prototype Procurement team in Peterborough. This is an initial 12-month contract which has the potential to be rolling.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Analyst
- Processing of purchase orders and communication with suppliers, including expediting of material from internal and external suppliers.
- Provide support to various engineering personnel on all purchasing, logistics and material related issues to help them achieve their objectives by providing key information and making recommendations as required.
- Contribute to team discussions and initiatives to reduce material costs and improve processes to reduce lead times and development costs for the business, by sharing ideas and taking on targeted work assignments.
- Create and provide monthly reports to help the team focus and ensure key objectives are met e.g. order timeliness, invoice grief, open order tracking, manual payments and import and export tracking.
- Work with other teams (Stores, Inspection and Machining) to understand any issues are found in the above analysis to make sure everyone is working as a full team to give the best service to customers.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Purchasing Analyst
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a Procurement or Supply Chain department, for an Engineering or Manufacturing company
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, data analysis (must be able to manipulate large amounts of data), PowerPoint and Purchasing systems
- Ability to use systems/software to perform transactions, download data and present information to leaders to show Team performance and areas for improvement
- Customer focused with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy, and effective at creating strategies to check your own work.
- Keen to learn, get stuck in, and to help others – someone who is a good team player who communicates clearly and is capable of influencing others both within the immediate team, with Suppliers and internal customers to ensure actions are completed in a timely manner.
To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
The above represents a summary of the contract assignment. A full description of this contract assignment is available; the rate advertised is the rate paid by the agency to an umbrella employment company. It is not a PAYE pay rate. A full explanation of this rate and all deductions will be explained in a key information document (KID) supplied to registered candidates.